Saturday, May 21, 2011

My First Tutorial -- Fun Family Frames

Wooden Frame
Two/Three Coordinating Scrapbook Papers (your choice)
Letter Stickers
White Paint
Square Punch (or use paper cutter to cut squares)
Mod Podge
Sandpaper
Paintbrush

I purchased these unfinished heart frames from Michael's for a dollar. 


Lightly sand the frame and paint with two coats of white paint.  Allow to dry completely.

I chose these two papers from adt "born to be wild" scrapbook papers.



Cut blocks from paper using a paper punch or paper cutter. Use a paint brush to apply Mod Podge to squares, then stick the blocks to the frame. Leave a slight space between paper to make it look like "faux" mosaic.  (See Picture)






Use the Mod Podge to stick the blocks to the frame.  Complete your pattern leaving the excess paper hang over the edge.  (I think the blocks look better staggered.)  Allow to dry completely. 






Crease the paper at the end of the frame with your finger or thumb. Trim the edge with a exacto knife.  






Add embellishments:  I added a handprint of my grandchildren and their names in sticker letters.
Cover entire project, front and back, with two or three coats of Mod Podge.  Add Pictures.  Done.

These frames were a mother's day present for my daughter.  This is my first tutorial. I hope it is understandable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment