Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Sew" Now I'm A Quilter??????

     I joined So Scrappy's 2011 Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I didn't know you were a quilter you say.  I'm not -- but I hope to be one by the end of the year:)  I've been wanting to start quilting for some time now.  I do have a stash of fabrics from other sewing projects--so I do have "scraps."  I also have most of the supplies that a beginning quilter needs--I think.  I like to jump in with two feet.  (When I began thread crochet I made my grandson's Christening Gown.)  Joining the challenge will force me to piece/quilt something every month.  I may not do a complete project.  I may not do a great job at what I try to quilt--but I have to start somewhere.  I'm thinking that maybe I'll get terrific advice from the other participants. I'm hoping to post something monthly--maybe just one block.  This month's color is blue -- great choice I have a lot of blue scraps.  Look for my creation by the end of January.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you chose my challenge to help you wade into quilting. A block a month is a great place to start. You will be amazed at how fast a few blocks can turn into a quilt.

    ReplyDelete