Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blog/Craft Goals for 2011

1. Learn to Quilt – I just mean the basics. I don’t expect to churn out 25 quilts or even two I would like to complete one quilt from piecing to binding by next January – is that too lofty a goal?

To help meet this goal I joined So Scrappy’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge (See button on side bar.) I plan to post something each Scrappy Saturday – even if it is just to say –not much progress this week.

I also joined the Quilting Board and will participate in the BOM that Sulabug is moderating. The first block is a paper pieced church. Each block is a house of some sort. I’ll post pictures of my blocks monthly and may need suggestions to help with problems.

2. Make something hand-made for everyone on my Christmas list.

3. Submit at least two projects for publication in a magazine –Create and Decorate, perhaps.

4. Write a new post weekly about crafting that week – this may be just the perils of a hopeful quilting newbie or it could be about other creations I’m working on.

5. Also –write once a week on a non-craft related topic. This may include: my yard, projects at my house, thrifting, a new favorite blog –or anything that suits my fancy at the moment

6. Write at least one or two tutorials for my blog – nothing too detailed.  Start small.

7. Leave more comments.  Everyone loves comments!!

That’s it. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your BOM stuff and what you come up with for the Scrappy Rainbow Challenge! So glad you are participating too.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty good goals. Its alway a good thing to try to gain another skill. Sewing is a great weakness for me, Im terrible at it, and my sewing machine is going to waste. I plan on trying to take it up again in a few years when My kids are older. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to write a list of goals for your blog! They all sound like great goals, I know you'll achieve them.

    ReplyDelete