Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sad, Sad News

Please have a moment of silence for my sad sad news.  My sewing machine is (sniff) broken.  The repairman is an hour away and then it takes 1-2 weeks for it to be repaired.  I don't have a back-up sewing machine like some of you do -- so I am sad, very sad.  Before the final stitch I did complete this new paper pieced church block.  It is not perfect -- but it is closer than I got with my first two tries.


Well when the sewing machine breaks--start hand sewing.  I'm making hand-sewn hexigons --tune in next week for my progress!!  I look forward to hearing from you!!

4 comments:

  1. Your block is lovely. Sorry to hear about the sewing machine, what a pain! Look forward to seeing the hexagons though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's happened to me before, when I had no backup and it was definitely a sniff, sniff moment...for days. ha! I completely understand.

    Your block is lovely!! I haven't tried paper piecing yet, but hope to someday. I have recently started making hexagons and am loving those. Worked on some today in fact. Hope that eases the disappointment for you and that your machine gets fixed soon. Look forward to seeing your hexies posted...and if I don't comment on them, it might be because I'm having a baby and not online. So close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That church block is awesome, good job! So awful about your machine, that happened to me once. I hope you get it back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. church block looks good love your hexagons

    ReplyDelete