Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How Does My Garden Grow?

This week I did get one more flower made.  I really like the purple fabric.  I also made a bunch (about 20) of hexigons from the off-white floral I am going to use  in-between  the flowers. 


I started to put flowers together --I'm excited, although it may take me years to finish.  I like seeing them together like that.  I also took a few of the templates out and was amazed to see they really do come out easily.

I think this was a productive gardening week.  I think that this quilt top will look very scrappy and old fashioned.  Just the way I want it.

How big are your hexis or flowers?  My flowers are about 51/2 inches.

15 comments:

  1. the purple fabric is lovely and i also like the floral you are using as the joiner. I think this will be alovely quilt once it is done - and as long as you enjoy the process it doesn't matter how long it takes!

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple! Your garden is growing quite nicely. I like your choice for the stepping stones. My flowers are the same size as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very productive week and I love the off-white floral fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a lot this week and i also like the purple one. Gr Annemieke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice flower, mine are the same size. You are making good progress sewing them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sieht super aus, der helle Stoff gefällt mir gut!

    Viele Grüße!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow: that looks great sewn together. My hexieflowers are about 10 centimeters: about 4 inches, I guess. But: size doesn't matter...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great site you have love your work hexagons are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purple hexie. My favourite colour. :). Your blooms look lovely together with the fabric you chose to join them together. Happy Stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the purple one! I did flower planning this week, gotta post about it still though. But it is progress! :) I still haven't decided what will go between my flowers... such a good question. I love your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers are very nice, the purple one looks lovely.
    Greatings Hennie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hexie-flowers look really great joined - an excellent path fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh pretty purple! A lovely garden you're growing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those are lovely! I'm just visiting for the first time, but how large are you making this piece? I cannot wait to see how it progresses!

    ReplyDelete