Blog/Craft Goals for 2011
1. Learn to Quilt – I just mean the basics. I don’t expect to churn out 25 quilts or even two I would like to complete one quilt from piecing to binding by next January – is that too lofty a goal?
Working on goal one -- working on several quilts at once.
To help meet this goal I joined So Scrappy’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge (See button on side bar.) I plan to post something each Scrappy Saturday – even if it is just to say –not much progress this week.
I post most Saturdays -- but my sewing machine died for the month of Feb. I got it back so hopefully I'll have more to report.
I also joined the Quilting Board and will participate in the BOM that Sulabug is moderating. The first block is a paper pieced church. Each block is a house of some sort. I’ll post pictures of my blocks monthly and may need suggestions to help with problems.
Two out of three completed..
2. Make something hand-made for everyone on my Christmas list.
Not started yet --some of the quilting will be for gifts though.
3. Submit at least two projects for publication in a magazine –Create and Decorate, perhaps.
No --not even close.
4. Write a new post weekly about crafting that week – this may be just the perils of a hopeful quilting newbie or it could be about other creations I’m working on.
Yes--I think I'm doing ok with this one.
5. Also –write once a week on a non-craft related topic. This may include: my yard, projects at my house, thrifting, a new favorite blog –or anything that suits my fancy at the moment.
Yes --I had several no-craft related topics.
6. Write at least one or two tutorials for my blog – nothing too detailed. Start small.
Not yet, but I have some time left.
7. Leave more comments. Everyone loves comments!!
I like leaving comments -- and I do every day!!